Click to Home
Go To Search
Cityscape at night
San Jose Home
Should I call 9-1-1 to report fireworks?
For nuisance and/or fireworks use, residents should use the online reporting tool. If there is a life-threatening emergency or active fire, you should call 911.


Show All Answers

1. Should I call 9-1-1 to report fireworks?
2. When is the Fireworks Reporting Form available?
3. Will the police or fire departments respond to online reports?
4. Why can’t I get a police officer to respond to illegal fireworks activity (other than fires and injury)?
5. Will using the form result in a citation to the fireworks user?
6. Will my contact information be kept confidential?
7. Can I submit information anonymously?
8. How will the data collected be used?
9. Why did I get a citation?
10. How can I contest a citation?
11. What if I cannot afford the advance deposit of the fine when contesting a citation?
12. What if I cannot afford the citation?
13. Why did/didn’t I receive a postcard?
14. How do I get a permit to host a professional and legal fireworks display?
15. Where can I surrender unused fireworks?