Click to Home
Go To Search
City Council
San Jose Home
Public Safety
Public safety is a top priority for Councilmember Foley. If you have any questions regarding the information below feel free to contact our office at 408-535-4909 or via email at .

Emergency Contact 
In case of an emergency or if you are witnessing a crime in progress in the City of San Jose, call 911.  If you are calling from a cell phone, dial (408) 277-8911.  Several cities around the bay area, including San Jose, have specific 911 emergency numbers to call from your cellular phone rather than being routed through the CHP Office in Vallejo. This number will go directly to the City of San Jose dispatch you're trying to reach.

Non-Emergency Resources
In case of incidents where there is not a crime in progress, contact 311.  This would include vandalism, stolen cars or a break-ins that are not in progress.  To report a crime click here.
Reporting Suspicious Activity
If you see any suspicious activity in your neighborhood, call the police immediately.  Remember to be specific and document every incident.  Note the time of day, the exact location, the clothes, appearance, and characteristics of the suspect.  Even if they do not respond immediately to the concern, your call makes a difference in building a case to increase police presence in the area.

Crime Prevention Unit
The San Jose Police Department has Crime Prevention Specialists assigned to your neighborhood. They are your partners in crime prevention, and serve as liaisons between the police department and community.  They can help you coordinate a Neighborhood Watch Group for your neighborhood, and provide residents crime prevention tools and tips to promote a safer community.  To learn more, call the Crime Prevention Unit at (408) 277-4133.